Volunteer for Crew
The World Cup only happens thanks to the dedication and enthusiasm of the World Cup Crew – the volunteers who congregate in Fort William every year to deliver the best mountain bike event on the planet. There are a range of roles – from keeping the site tidy to marshalling, from checking VIP access to being a Doping chaperone. Every single crew member plays a vital part in the overall success of the event.
The application process is now open, so register your interest here.
Any questions, drop an email to Amanda: firstname.lastname@example.org
In 2014 Andy and Jonny Ashworth made a great behind-the-scenes movie of the World Cup Crew in action. Take a look at Behind the Bill here.
Here’s what joining the crew requires:
* You must be at least 16 years old (sorry we can’t recruit anybody under the age of 16, no exceptions)
* You must be at least 18 years old to be a course marshal
* You should be hardworking, enthusiastic and prepared to take on all roles as directed by team leader
* You must be prepared to work long hours whatever the weather conditions
* You don’t need experience but if you have specific skills, other languages or have volunteered at the World Cup before please tell us!
* You must volunteer for a minimum of 2 days including Saturday and Sunday
In return you will receive:
* Volunteer ‘goody bag’ including several items of branded clothing – your uniform
* Packed lunches/food vouchers
* Daily expenses allowance OR accommodation
* Our eternal gratitude!