Volunteer for Crew
The World Cup only happens thanks to the dedication and enthusiasm of the World Cup Crew – the volunteers who congregate in Fort William every year to deliver the best mountain bike event on the planet. There are a range of roles – from keeping the site tidy to marshalling, from checking VIP access to being a Doping chaperone. Every single crew member plays a vital part in the overall success of the event.
If you want to become a volunteer for the 2018 World Cup you can apply here
Alternatively you can download the form and post it to us. If you have any questions with regards to volunteering please contact Rare Management: Telephone: 0131 555 3820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In 2014 Andy and Jonny Ashworth made a great behind-the-scenes movie of the World Cup Crew in action. Take a look at Behind the Bill here.
Here’s what joining the crew requires:
* You must be at least 16 years old (sorry we can’t recruit anybody under the age of 16, no exceptions)
* You must be at least 18 years old to be a course marshal
* You should be hardworking, enthusiastic and prepared to take on all roles as directed by team leader
* You must be prepared to work long hours whatever the weather conditions
* You don’t need experience but if you have specific skills, other languages or have volunteered at the World Cup before please tell us!
* You must volunteer for a minimum of 2 days including Saturday and Sunday
In return you will receive:
* Volunteer ‘goody bag’ including several items of branded clothing – your uniform
* Packed lunches/food vouchers
* Daily expenses allowance OR accommodation
* Our eternal gratitude!